And the award goes to …
Yeah, for real. Rachel at http://rachelcarrera.wordpress.com/ today honored me with the “I’m NOT Featured on Freshly Pressed Award” created by Don Charisma, so thank you very kindly! You humble me. I mean that.
I’m going to be completely backward and do this my way because, hey, that’s the way I roll. I frankly don’t care if I’m ever Freshly Pressed because I don’t write for the editors who determine such matters. Been there, done that as a sports writer for 11 years. I imagine I have too much of a potty mouth for them, anyway. If they were paying me, it would be a different story. But they’re not, so it doesn’t matter. I write for myself and at my own leisure these days after years of dealing with the stress of deadlines that sometimes made my job cumbersome. I quite enjoy the freedom of writing about anything I want, and I love the interaction with and creativity of my fellow bloggers.
I’ve given great thought to whom I want to bestow the “I’m NOT Featured on Freshly Pressed Award,” and kept thinking about a person who turned his childhood experiences — the good and the bad — into something positively creative.
So, without further delay, I choose Grady at http://gradypbrown.wordpress.com/ for this award and hope that he continues to be an inspiration to others.
Grady, if you go to http://DonCharisma.org/2014/01/01/the-im-not-featured-on-freshly-pressed-award, you will find the four badges that Don Charisma created and you can choose the one you like.
That said, I have a list of instructions for you to follow should you choose to accept the “I’m NOT Featured on Freshly Pressed Award.”
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the “I’m NOT Featured on Freshly Pressed Award”.
2. Write a blog post and tell us the blog(s) you have chosen (there are no minimum or maximum number of blogs required) and “present” the blog(s) with their award.
3. Include in your blog post a paragraph about why you’d like to be on WordPress’ Freshly Pressed OR a paragraph on why you couldn’t care less about Freshly Pressed. Up to you …
4. Let the blog(s) that you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the instructions with them. (Please don’t alter the instructions or the badge!)
5. Come over and say hello to the originator of the “The I’m NOT Featured On Freshly Pressed Award” via this link: http://DonCharisma.org/2014/01/01/the-im-not-featured-on-freshly-pressed-award
6. And as a winner of the award- please add a link back to the blog that presented you with this award, and then PROUDLY display the award on your blog.
7. If you ever do get officially “Freshly Pressed” then take down this award badge and display the official “Freshly Pressed” badge instead.
Congratulations, Grady. You truly are an inspiration. 🙂
P.S. I proudly display my “I’m NOT Featured on Freshly Pressed Award” badge on my page. For whatever reason, however, it only allows me to do so at the very bottom. But I can live with that. 😉